Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A New Approach

New Approach

I am suggesting a new approach to Republicans, although it is nothing new.

On Thursday Night I was listening to Mike Romigh's show on KDKA. He is one of the few liberal talk show hosts that are not part of a big network. He was talking about how some Democrats spend a big chunk of their time chasing after Republicans, writing down everything they say and trying to prove them wrong. (That would be many of us in the blogosphere) Calling into talk radio, just to throw something back in Hannity or O'Reilly's face.

Mr. Romigh suggested many things that seem commonsense to us. He said just to simply ignore the Republicans. Stop writing about Republicans, don't focus on what they are doing; focus on what Democrats are doing. Don't call their stations, don't listen to their shows because all you are doing is encouraging them by writing about them and calling into their shows, you are supporting them and giving them publicity.

I agree with this. I try not to write about Republicans, but sometimes it is hard to resist. So I suggest that we all just stop talking about Republicans, because who cares about them? We have other things to worry about, like the destruction of our country. From now on, I will try to focus on the Democrats' actions, instead of the Republicans and their screwy policies. I hope you all will do the same.

From My Pal Samantha's Blog PA Liberal

4 Comments:

Blogger halcyon67 said...

Your my pal too, Kenny. Yea, I mean I have tried to not write about Republicans, but it is impossible. There are just so many delectable things they offer us to write about. Like Sensenbrenner. That is awesome. I am going to start talking about more international issues on my blog, and law and crime. There are not a lot of blogs who cover such topics. However, I will continue to cover the usual Bush political gaffes.

10:46 AM  
Blogger PoliShifter said...

While I appreciate the sentiment and it would be the right thing to do, I just cannot go along with that.

The GOP says some pretty horrid things about liberals and Democrats. I think we have to fight fire with fire. For too long we have been walked all over by them. I don't think it will stop untill we start sticking up for ourselves and hitting back.

I could be wrong. In an ideal world, taking the high road and turning the other cheek would be the best course of action.

It just seems that in our reality it doesn't work very well.

12:22 PM  
Blogger halcyon67 said...

Well PoliShifter, I am not going to not focus on the Republicans, but how I am going to do is that I am going to bring the positive actions done by the Democrats to the forefront and criticizing the Republicans at the same time. Sensenbrenner and how he is not going to allow Democrats to hold meetings in a certain room.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Kenny said...

Hey Sam,
I am going to give it a try. But, I don't know if it's possible.

I am going to talk more about political philosophy. But, I don't think I can do that without pointing out how Republicans are ignoring 200 years of constitutional law and principle.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home