Thursday, October 06, 2005

How out of touch can one Cowboy be?

I listened to President Bush's speech today and I was a little surprised. On the one hand I found myself agreeing with the President. Yes, Islamic terrorism sucks, yes they are bad people, yes they want to impose their will on free people....etc....etc....etc...

But, where does the rubber meet the road? Where is the substance? In other words, Mr. President, what are you going to do about it? More of the same?

That's when the truth hit me like a blinding smack in the face. He thinks we are winning. Someone needs to tell this insulated, reality starved, Cowdude that we are in far worse shape in the war on terror then we were on day one.

I am tired of hearing about how evil and bad the terrorists are. I want to hear what we are going to do about it. It's time for a change in tactics. It's time for leadership.

1 Comments:

Blogger Senihele said...

I don't think the war on terror has ever been about reality and instead has always been about winning the political game. Bush was a non entity before 9-11. Rove immediately recognized how the public longed for a strong kick ass leader so he attempted to mold Bush into one. They're going to play that card as long as they believe it will work.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home