Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The 800 pound Gorilla in Iraq

Saddam Hussein trial in Iraq is an outright farce.

There, I said it.

I in no way wish for Saddam to go free, nor do I think he is innocent. But, I don't feel this is productive.

There is no way this trial has any credibility as long as the future of Iraq is unpredictable.

They have not yet constituted a government, the parliament has not met, the streets are not controlled by any one group and any one time.

How can proceedings taking place in an Iraqi court be legitimate at this time?
How can a court system represent a Government that is not in fact in power?

I'm not sure I understand what logic these proceedings are established under. However, even a casual observer can see the paradox here.

1 Comments:

Blogger PoliShifter said...

Especially when Bush has probably already killed more Iraqis than Saddam has (excluding the Iran-Iraq war).

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home